I hired this company to move my household less than three miles away.They showed up late and forgot their sissors and tape and wanted to know if we had some they could use.
Once they got to the new house and unloaded my dining room table we all noticed the column had broken. They immediately said they would have it taken care of and I was ok with that. I got sidetracked with moving and a couple months passed and I never heard from them. I started emailing them (which was the same way I hired them) and I never got a response.
I called several times explaining my problem and was told at least two different times someone would return my call. NEVER HAPPENED. Months passed and I followed up again but this time I was not as nice as I had previously been. The man gave me a number to their claims office and said they should be able to help.
I called the number and spoke with a lady about my situation. She was very short with me and told me I had waited to long to make a claim. After I came unglued she said she would mail claim forms to me. I received them and had to get the completed forms notorized (I still can't figure that out).
I mailed in and waited. A couple months passed and I called and spoke to same lady. She remembered me but said they never received the claim. She reminded me again I had waited to long.
After I threaten with a law suit she agreed to send paperwork again which she did. I completed and sent back to them. Again I waited a couple months and had to call again. I was told the claim was being reviewed.
A few days later I received a letter from Eric Longhofer advising the claim was denied because I took to long to file claim. I wrote Mr. Longhofer giving him one final chance to make restitution or I would file a complaint. Obviously he did not care so I would like to say that I would NEVER recommend this company.
They are very eager to take your business but if there is a problem, you can forget it and obviously the AMS Customer Service Care Team could CARE LESS EVEN AFTER REVIEWING the evidence that I did file a claim in time in fact on the day of the move.I give this company a F on moving, F on claims!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Lets people say just anything they want
What I disliked
You May Also Like
- "I Came to CR England in April of 2010 after 12 years in EMS (Ambulance Paramedic), after getting burnt out on health care. I came there with little more than..."
- "Booked Feb. 14/15, Picked up Feb. 18. Still hasn't made it to the destination and it's March 22nd! Booked for 2 movers. "One" showed up with a..."
- "I had yet another bad experience with U-Haul. This is my second move with them in six years and both were horrible experiences. Regarding my contract number 22894473, I picked up..."
- "I HAD GEICO FOR 4/5 YEARS, 250 A MONTH, FIRST FEW YEARS NOTHING, THEN, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY "BAD THINGS COME IN 3's, AND IT DID..#1-I HAD A FENDER..."
- "worth 1000 words (and $70?) - see below we went to a funeral today and found a monstrous arrangement which unfortunately bore our names how embarrassing. I've been trying to..."
- "I ordered the "Bursting Blushes" bouquet, with the "exquisite upgrade" for mother's day this year. The photo showed a dozen or so red roses with five or six large..."
- "Yesterday, I dropped my mother at the DFW Airport to take a flight on Etihad. From what I see, I find Etihad to be the most deceitful airline company ever...."
- "My newer home had severe hail damage this past July, lots of hail damage to roof and siding. I am still waiting for this to get resolved. Horrible..."