I hired this company to move my household less than three miles away.They showed up late and forgot their sissors and tape and wanted to know if we had some they could use.
Once they got to the new house and unloaded my dining room table we all noticed the column had broken. They immediately said they would have it taken care of and I was ok with that. I got sidetracked with moving and a couple months passed and I never heard from them. I started emailing them (which was the same way I hired them) and I never got a response.
I called several times explaining my problem and was told at least two different times someone would return my call. NEVER HAPPENED. Months passed and I followed up again but this time I was not as nice as I had previously been. The man gave me a number to their claims office and said they should be able to help.
I called the number and spoke with a lady about my situation. She was very short with me and told me I had waited to long to make a claim. After I came unglued she said she would mail claim forms to me. I received them and had to get the completed forms notorized (I still can't figure that out).
I mailed in and waited. A couple months passed and I called and spoke to same lady. She remembered me but said they never received the claim. She reminded me again I had waited to long.
After I threaten with a law suit she agreed to send paperwork again which she did. I completed and sent back to them. Again I waited a couple months and had to call again. I was told the claim was being reviewed.
A few days later I received a letter from Eric Longhofer advising the claim was denied because I took to long to file claim. I wrote Mr. Longhofer giving him one final chance to make restitution or I would file a complaint. Obviously he did not care so I would like to say that I would NEVER recommend this company.
They are very eager to take your business but if there is a problem, you can forget it and obviously the AMS Customer Service Care Team could CARE LESS EVEN AFTER REVIEWING the evidence that I did file a claim in time in fact on the day of the move.I give this company a F on moving, F on claims!
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Lets people say just anything they want
What I disliked
You May Also Like
- "i would not even know where to start, 1 day delay, left refrigerator behind and other boxes, then being enlightened that it was our fault that we did not look..."
- "We hired Dodge Moving & Storage to transfer our belongings from St. Louis, MO to Granbury, Texas. They basically damaged or destroyed every set we owned. Found out that they..."
- "We moved from OH to KS.Legally they had 21 days to get here.The day after, they get here.We called Karin, the dispatcher, several times, continuing to lie about the ETA,..."
- "I HAD GEICO FOR 4/5 YEARS, 250 A MONTH, FIRST FEW YEARS NOTHING, THEN, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY "BAD THINGS COME IN 3's, AND IT DID..#1-I HAD A FENDER..."
- "worth 1000 words (and $70?) - see below we went to a funeral today and found a monstrous arrangement which unfortunately bore our names how embarrassing. I've been trying to..."
- "Got a car at Luton Airport GM while raining and couldn't check it thoroughly. When I returned it they found these scratches and charged me 688 GBP! And the GM..."
- "...We paid $3,000 for an extended warranty so we wouldn't have to deal with any repairs. WELL, neither Keystone or Holiday World of Dallas will come to the RV park..."
- "Hello, my name Is David Gillis and my address is 42 peninsula place Dorchester Ma 02125. I placed an order on November 16, it's seem to have disappeared after a..."