I booked All My Sons Moving Co. approx. 3 weeks in advance. When Greg called to let me know when the crew would be arriving, he gave me a time of between 12:00 pm-4:00 PM. The crew arrived at 4:45. The day before my move, I went over a list of items room by room with Greg and he gave me a quote of approx.. 5 hrs., 3 men and a 26 ft truck. When the crew arrived, they spent 45 min deciding whether or not to move me due to the fact that it was near the end of the work day for them (they were tired) and this move would take at least 7 hrs according to the driver. After talking with their manager at the branch office, they decided to go ahead with the move. However, to shorten the time of packing up the truck, the driver said he was “cutting corners” and not packing as diligently as he usually would. They would not pack any glass shelving or glass table tops (liability issue since the truck bounces and it may cause breakage of items), so I had to put them in my car. Although I was charged for packing materials, I was asked if I had any large garbage bags to put pillows in. Not all my items would fit on the truck (they ran out of space) so I had to make three separate trips and recruit a pick- up truck and SUV to pick up the remainder. On arrival at their destination, the crew sat around for at least ½ hour waiting on payment before they would release my furniture from the truck. I was hesitant to pay what was charged due to the fact it was based on an estimated time of completion. I felt I was being overcharged. When I settled up with the manager(unwillingly) the crew began unpacking, scattering plastic wrap, tape etc. on the front lawn and not paying attention as to where the boxes and bags were marked for each room and they were just put in a pile in the kitchen, dining area and living room. Also, items that belonged in the basement were put in the detached garage. My bed and dresser (which they took apart) were not put back together. They seemed in a hurry to finish the job rather than take the time and extra care with my belongings. The next morning, I found the remote to my soundbar on the wet front lawn with the backing off. Also, I found a crack across the screen while hooking up my 24” TV. Both are permanently damaged.

I called the local branch extremely dissatisfied who insisted on reimbursing at 60 cents a lb. They were very defensive & uncooperative and never sent a claim form. I told him I would take this matter up with the Better Business Bureau, the Attorney General and sue for damages which did not make a difference to him.The next phone call was to the Customer Care Dept. James Grant was much more helpful and explained that 60 cents a lb. was a starting point for electronics. He sent out a claim form and requested that we write our experience regarding this move so it could be used for future training.

I am requesting the following reimbursements:

$125.00 for the 24” SamSung Smart TV Model #UNZ24H4500 (1 yr old)

$50.00 for the broken soundbar remote (to replace the whole soundbar which will not work without the remote)

Fuel reimbursement for each round trip 90 mi x 3 trips x 2 vehicles at current gas prices

$500.00 for ½ of the total cost of the move since only ½ of my furnishings were moved.

I didn't like: Having my possessions damaged, Misleading info.

Comments