1.2
Additional Services
Turnaround Time

This review applies only to the Memphis branch. Let me start by saying NO, NO, NO, do not choose All My Sons Moving.

Read as much or as little of this review as needed but let me warn you to look elsewhere for a moving company. To summarize the best I can, we selected AMS to pack all of our goods, store them in a warehouse in Memphis, then deliver about 1.5 months later to our new home in Chicago. We paid quite a bit for this service. They claimed they were different than other moving companies because they give you an exact date to deliver instead of a range of a few days.

They were over 1-1/2 days late. When the truck did arrive, I knew it would be bad when my Weber grill was stacked sideways on the very top of the stack. Not even sure how they got it up there. As they unloaded the truck, we realized there was also quite of bit of furniture, boxes and other items which did not belong to us.

Not sure how this happened either since this was another selling feature that our stuff would be stored separately and delivered on a dedicated truck. Again, we paid for packing, but the contents of kitchen drawers were dumped into boxes. Multiple pictures were not wrapped and many suffered damage. Our China was stacked on top of each other without any protection between them.

Many were broken. Dishes and glasses broken, furniture scratched, TV screen smashed (was not protected) a stainless steel refrigerator was scratched beyond use. Furniture not covered. I could go on and on.

We had multiple items damaged and destroyed which we estimated to be well over $4000. Then as the movers were finishing, I started to realize there were many things missing, most notably our antique dining room table, multiple tubs of Christmas decorations, lawn mower, daughters dresser and so much more. I called the first thing the next day, finally talked to Mike who told me he would look into it. Finally after multiple calls from me, he told me he located another storage area which had many of the things we were missing.

He said he would send another truck with my goods in a few days. When it did arrive the dining room table was scratched badly and had NO protection on it at all. It appeared they stacked boxes on it in storage. The driver and unloaders also noticed all of these issues and continued to tell me how sorry they were and this was one of the worst they have ever seen.

They said to me multiple times, “you paid for packing?” When it came time to settle they initially offered me $421 but after 10 months of back and forth I settled for an amount less than ½ of actual damage amount only because I am tired of dealing with them. My advice, pay for additional insurance whomever you select but DO NOT select All My Sons.

You will be sorry like me.

Product or Service Mentioned: All My Sons Moving And Storage Long Distance Moving Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments