All My Sons Moving And Storage - Only use this company if you like your property damaged!
In November 2013, All My Sons (Little Rock) came to move my household items 3.75 miles to my new house. The charge for this service was $1,628.42. During the move my dresser mirror was broken, my formal living room coffee table was gouged, and my newly finished hardwood floors were scratched. I have uploaded pictures of the damages so that you can see for yourself.
I took pictures as directed by the company for a claim submission. After waiting a few weeks I finally received my letter stating they are going to offer me a mere $.60 a pound for the damaged items. How they arrive at this formula for the damage is beyond me! They further stated that they cannot give me any more because of the valuation section of the Bill of Lading that I signed during a hurried move.
Let me explain this valuation section that I was given to sign before the move could begin. The actual explanation of the valuation section was buried in the text and the text itself was very small. What I did not realize was at the time it was my death warrant; it limited All My Sons to only have to pay $.60 per pound for the damages incurred. This horrible company used this against me when I pointed out the damage that was done during the move. I was told by the company representative that I should have read it carefully before signing as I limited the amount of the offer by signing the document. I told her that this may be legal but it's very unethical as no one would knowingly sign away the value of their property.
The offer for my damaged floor, coffee table, and broken mirror was a measly $167, which I haven't collected as yet because signing the document to receive the money would mean that as stated by All My Sons "I will not thereafter publish or otherwise make to any person or entity verbally or in writing, any negative or derogatory remarks about AMS or its employees."
This is my experience that I'm sharing with you... This company is a horrible company. Use All My Sons at your peril! My next step is to notify the BBB in Little Rock. If this forfeits the $167 I'm prepared to pay the price to expose this sham of a company.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "FedEx has the most unprofessional people working for them. I've had packages delivered by them that were so-called lost and that they couldn't get into our building which never stopped..."
- "I bought model home furniture to be used in a house I had under construction. I stored it at the Self-Store on 484 in Ocala, Florida, a storage facility..."
- "We moved from Naples Fl to Port Saint Lucie. They came with too small a truck and crammed everything in. A LOT of damage to nice furniture. We are sick..."
- "The prom dress I ordered was not the same as pictured on their website. The dress I received was of poor quality and craftmanship. It looked like a child..."
- "While I was eating my product I noticed an altered taste after the first ***. I decided to check the expiration date and realize that it was expired for 3..."
- "We stayed at the Wyndham in bossier city Louisiana . The first room was nasty so they put us in another room. The sheet and pillowcase had a..."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."
- " I stayed at the red roof Inn in Mohave California I thought I was in the ghetto in south-central LA very disturbed by the clientele that was there everyone..."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."