All My Sons Moving And Storage - Only use this company if you like your property damaged!
In November 2013, All My Sons (Little Rock) came to move my household items 3.75 miles to my new house. The charge for this service was $1,628.42. During the move my dresser mirror was broken, my formal living room coffee table was gouged, and my newly finished hardwood floors were scratched. I have uploaded pictures of the damages so that you can see for yourself.
I took pictures as directed by the company for a claim submission. After waiting a few weeks I finally received my letter stating they are going to offer me a mere $.60 a pound for the damaged items. How they arrive at this formula for the damage is beyond me! They further stated that they cannot give me any more because of the valuation section of the Bill of Lading that I signed during a hurried move.
Let me explain this valuation section that I was given to sign before the move could begin. The actual explanation of the valuation section was buried in the text and the text itself was very small. What I did not realize was at the time it was my death warrant; it limited All My Sons to only have to pay $.60 per pound for the damages incurred. This horrible company used this against me when I pointed out the damage that was done during the move. I was told by the company representative that I should have read it carefully before signing as I limited the amount of the offer by signing the document. I told her that this may be legal but it's very unethical as no one would knowingly sign away the value of their property.
The offer for my damaged floor, coffee table, and broken mirror was a measly $167, which I haven't collected as yet because signing the document to receive the money would mean that as stated by All My Sons "I will not thereafter publish or otherwise make to any person or entity verbally or in writing, any negative or derogatory remarks about AMS or its employees."
This is my experience that I'm sharing with you... This company is a horrible company. Use All My Sons at your peril! My next step is to notify the BBB in Little Rock. If this forfeits the $167 I'm prepared to pay the price to expose this sham of a company.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "On May 19, 2014 my belongings were moved by my local Two Men and a Truck. As a senior, I hired them because of their claims like "movers who..."
- "Movinghelp.com was recommended to my neighbor who had rented a U-haul truck by the U-Haul folks. The mover had his own pickup truck there & his girlfriend driving it...."
- "We moved from OH to KS.Legally they had 21 days to get here.The day after, they get here.We called Karin, the dispatcher, several times, continuing to lie about the ETA,..."
- "My husband and I went to the Benihana in North Little Rock on my Birthday (1-26-16). We and along with other customers had been waiting over 30 minutes..."
- "my truck is at parker cadilliac for warranty service,they said it would take 3 days to fix.they call 1/9/09 and said someone jump the fence brought their own blocks and..."
- "I've used tide for years , I recently bought the Tide pods , today I washed and my white clothes are blue the pod did not fully desolve , so..."
- "Stay away from Legal Zoom!!! There is NO WAY to cancel services on your account. I tried to remedy the situation with my credit card but I guess I will..."
- "I recently bought 2 numbers for overseas. The service was terrible. About 50% of the time I was getting either one-way connection (the other party was hearing me, but I..."
- "I've been a loyal Jawbone customer for...ever, it seems. My UP3 tracker started cracking and is now broken. They're phone support is down. Its been at least 3+days. I could..."