1.8

On Saturday July 2, I submitted an online request for a quote. I immediately received a phone call with information and a very thorough Q&A about my move.

I ultimately decided to schedule with All My Sons for Thursday, July 7. I had specified that the move would need to take place in the afternoon.

On Wednesday, July 6, I first received a phone call to confirm the move and was told that I would receive a phone call between 3pm and 5pm with the scheduled time. At 5pm exactly, I received a call and was told that the movers would meet me at my storage unit at 8am on Thursday, July 7. I expressed that 8am cannot work, and that I had specified that when I requested service.

The representative talked in circles while she accessed the information, apologized and stated that they could not accommodate my scheduling request. I replied, in kind, that I could not accommodate their services at the specified time and canceled the move.

I had anticipated a rebuttal of some sort, an attempt to reschedule...something...but all I got was about 5 seconds of silence and a click. Yes, she just hung up.

Comments

Columbia, Maryland, United States #1184297

I requested an estimate at 1pm on my lunch break and by 5pm had received 5 calls, 3 voicemails and 2 emails, none of which contained an estimate. After waiting on hold for 20 minutes to speak to someone when I was finally able to return the 5 calls, I decided that this isn't a company that I want to give my money to.

I think you and I both dodged a bullet with these folks. Doesn't seem like they respect anyone or that they have an appreciation for how annoying they are being.